COVID-19: NSW LOCKDOWN INFORMATION FROM NDIS QUALITY AND SAFEGUARDS COMMISSION
The NDIS Quality and Safeguards have released a Provider Alert regarding the lockdown conditions in NSW.
- NSW is entering a two week lockdown across Greater Sydney, Wollongong and the Central Coast from 6pm, 26 June 2021. This follows stay-at-home orders put in place from 11.59pm, 25 June 2021 for the Local Government Areas of Waverley, Woollahra, Randwick and the City of Sydney.
- NDIS providers should deploy their outbreak management and business continuity plans and take steps to comply with public health orders and minimise the risk of infection of NDIS participants and workers.
- Notify the NDIS Commission of any significant changes to services or supports as a result of the new restrictions.
- Monitor local information and ensure you and your workers comply with relevant public health guidelines when delivering NDIS supports and services.
- It is vital to undertake detailed planning for a potential COVID-19 outbreak and ensure that you are well prepared.
The NSW Department of Health has issued updated guidance for disability service providers which can be accessed here: NSW Department of Health COVID-19 Update.
The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission Fact Sheet: COVID-19 – Outbreak preparedness, prevention and management can assist providers to meet their risk management and other obligations.
The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission have also reminded providers that they must notify the Commission if there are any events or changes that significantly affects your ability to comply with your conditions of registration. Reporting any significant events or changes can be done via the COVID-19 Notification of Events Form.
The Commission can be contacted via: