NDIS Q2 QUARTERLY REPORT RELEASED TODAY
On 17th February the Hon Stuart Robert released the NDIS Quarterly Report for disability ministers Q2 2020-2021.
The report is a summary of how the Scheme performed from 1 October 2020 – 31 December 2020.
Key Scheme Highlights Include:
- 432,649 people with a disability are being supported by the NDIS
- 21,283 people with a disability joined the scheme in Q2
- 35% of new participants in Q2 were aged 0-6
- 9,560 children received supports through the ECEI gateway
- 22% less younger people is residential aged care
The value intermediaries bring to both participants and the NDIS is clearly demonstrated by the numbers of participants engaging Registered Plan Management and Support Coordination Providers across Australia.
On the data publish by the NDIA, DIA’s CEO, Mr Jess Harper said:
“We welcome the release of the NDIS Q2 – Quarterly Report, the date in the report shows a big step forward for participants requesting all or part of their funds to be managed by a Registered Plan Management Provider. Further the increase to the number of participants being funded with Support Coorindation within their plan is also encouraging”.
PLAN MANAGEMENT NATIONALLY
- In the last quarter 51% of participants elected to plan manage all or part of their plan nation-wide, an increase of 8%
- In the last quarter 45% of plan budgets were plan managed, an increase of 14%
- Plan management providers ever active increased 6%, and providers active for the first time last quarter increased 7%
NEW SOUTH WALES - PLAN MANAGEMENT
VICTORIA - PLAN MANAGEMENT
QUEENSLAND - PLAN MANAGEMENT
WESTERN AUSTRALIA - PLAN MANAGEMENT
SOUTH AUSTRALIA - PLAN MANAGEMENT
TASMANIA - PLAN MANAGEMENT
AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY - PLAN MANAGEMENT
NORTHERN TERRITORY - PLAN MANAGEMENT
SUPPORT COORDINATION NATIONALLY
- 47% of plans last quarter included support coordination, an increase of 7%
- Support coordination providers ever active increased 8%, and providers active for the first time last quarter increased 14%
- Total annualised committed support funding was approximately $15.5 million 20/21 to date. Support coordination accounted for 3% of this.
- The report also noted that as part of the Participant Service Improvement Plan the Agency has commited to be clearer about support coordination services and what participants should expect from them by June 2021. DIA believes this is likely to be in a similar form to the Plan Management guide released last year.