OPERATIONS & POLICY OFFICER
– 12 month position with the possibility of extension
– Work from home – Melbourne or Geelong
– Reporting directly to the CEO
– NFP salary packaging options available
- Do you have excellent policy development, writing and analytical skills?
- Do you have experience in the Disability Services and/or the NDIS?
- Are you interested in using your skills to make a difference and help others?
- Would you like to join a small, rapidly growing and progressive organisation?
About Disability Intermediaries Australia
Formed in late 2018, Disability Intermediaries Australia (DIA) is Australia’s peak body for non-government disability intermediary service organisations and practitioners. Collectively, DIA members deliver Support Coordination and Plan Management services to 1 in 4 NDIS Participants with all types of disability.
We are a small and dynamic organisation dedicated to driving improved quality and standards within the Disability Intermediaries Support Market. We are driven and hands-on working to tight timelines on a variety of projects.
DIA is looking for a suitably skilled individual to take on the role of Operations and Policy & Officer, to support member engagement and the development of policy for Plan Management and Support Coordination markets; as well undertaking general administrative duties.
To achieve the desired outcomes for DIA, you will need to be a self-motivated, effective team member, a real hands-on doer, that is capable of working unsupervised to develop tools and resources whist engaging effectively with stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate an ability to:
- Work independently and show judgement in progressing decisions appropriately;
- Anticipate and identify policy issues, undertake research, analysis and conceptualise solutions;
- Consult with members to implement and drive DIA projects and strategies;
- Develop and implement processes, procedures and tools that support the delivery of high-quality service for people with a disability;
- Build relationships across the sector;
- Maintain an understanding of issues and risks impacting the disability Intermediaries marketplace (Plan Management and Support Coordination);
- Develop and publish media statements, talking points, social media posts and briefings;
- Champion evidence-based research working with the CEO and external academic experts; and
- Manage membership records, membership applications and renewals.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Understanding of the Disability Intermediary Service Market (Plan Management and Support Coordination);
- Project management skills;
- Engagement and Stakeholder Management Skills to build working relationships internally and externally within the Disability Intermediary services sector (Plan Management and Support Coordination);
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills;
- Website (WordPress) and social media platforms (Facebook and LinkedIn etc) posting and content skills; and
- Proven briefing, policy and writing skills.
Desirable Experience & Qualifications
- Experience working with stakeholders (NFP members and government);
- Experience working within the Intermediaries Sector (Plan Management and Support Coordination);
- Experience in research, evaluation and policy or standards development; and
- Tertiary or industry qualifications in disability services, business, commerce, law, government or public policy would be highly regarded.
DIA is an inclusive workplace, as such people with a;
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage; and
- Culturally and linguistically diverse background
are encouraged to apply.
An attractive total remuneration package, with salary packaging options plus 9.5% superannuation, is available to the successful applicant dependent on skills and experience.
You can download a copy of the position description here.
- Please provide a cover letter highlighting your suitability for the position, along with you resume.
- Applications close: 11:59pm Sunday 20 December 2020.
- For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org