APPOINTED DIRECTOR X3
– Disability Peak Body
– Progressive organisation dedicated to our Members
– Market leading with an excellent culture
– National Organisation
– Volunteer Position
About Disability Intermediaries Australia
Formed in late 2018. Disability Intermediaries Australia (DIA) is Australia’s peak body for non-government disability intermediary service organisations and practitioners. DIA members deliver Support Coordination and Plan Management services to 1 in 3 NDIS Participants.
We are a small and dynamic organisation. DIA is dedicated to driving improved quality and standards within the Disability Intermediaries Support Market. We are driven and hands-on working to tight timelines on a variety of projects.
As an Appointed Non-Executive Director at DIA, you will play a critical role as a member of the Board and alongside the Executive Team, in the strategic leadership and governance of the organisation.
The three Appointed Director positions will be appointed for the following terms:
- 1 x Appointed Director for 3 year term
- 1 x Appointed Director for 2 year term
- 1 x Appointed Director for 1 year term
- At this stage the DIA Board is only accepting applications from DIA Members.
We are looking for a applications from people with the some or all of following skills and attributes for this exciting opportunity.
- Lived experience of disability;
- Previous experience in Directorship or willingness to undertake this training;
- Experience and deep understanding of the delivery of Plan Management and Support Coordination disability services;
- Experience in Finance, Economics, Law or other Business fields;
- Experience and understanding of how to grow revenue through alternative and broad funding streams such as government grants, philanthropic investment, private grants and institutional investment;
- Experience in the development of accreditation and certification programs; and
- Interest in serving as Chair of the Board in the future.
Our Board members are volunteer positions.
The Board meets 8 times per year plus additional sub-committee meetings, strategic planning day and membership events.
It is anticipated that your commitment will be the equivalent of 2-3 days per month. Due to the organisation’s growth, there may be the requirement for overnight travel.
To apply for this position, please email your application containing:
- A cover letter highlighting your suitability for the position; and
- A current resume.
Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
Applications close: COB Thursday 9 December 2021.